What will Climate Change Mean for the Blue Economy? | American Blue Economy Podcast
Will new opportunities outweigh the costs of change?
This month on The American Blue Economy Podcast, our host Admiral Tim Gallaudet covers climate change - how climate change is impacting the American Blue Economy through warming oceans, ocean acidification, sea level rise, and other effects. He will also discuss what can be done about it. Beginning with an introduction by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, Admiral Gallaudet will be joined by an all-star panel including:
- Dr. Peter DeMenocal, Director of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution or WHOI:
- Dr. Jim Reilly, former Director, USGS, and former NASA Astronaut
- Bob Glazer, Chair, Gulf & Caribbean Fisheries Institute (GCFI) and Associate Research Scientist with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Dr. Amy McGovern, Professor at OU and Director of the NSF AI Institute for Trustworthy AI in Weather, Climate, and Coastal Oceanography, and
- Rei Goffer, Chief Strategy Officer, Tomorrow.io.