American Shoreline Podcast Presents the Best of 2019: Part 1
Great moments from 2019 on ASP.
Come along with Peter and Tyler as they celebrate some of the best moments from the past year on the America Shoreline Podcast. We look back at some of our favorite guests:
1. Dr. Susan Hovorka, Senior Research Scientist at the Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas at Austin, a leading international researcher on secure geologic sequestration of carbon. Is there a way to reduce atmospheric greenhouse gases? Listen to a pro. (0:1:34).
2. The Surfing Cowboy Ellis Pickett, Founding Chairman of the Surfrider Foundation in Texas and current Chairman of Surfrider's Upper Texas Coast Chapter. Coastal advocacy from an 'Ol hand. (0:15:52)
3. Student Filmmakers Arjun and Abi Subramanian from the International Ocean Film Festival on our coastal future. If there are more young people like these two, we're going to be fine. (0:29:18)
4. U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) from EarthX on what it takes to advance climate policy on Capitol Hill. There is a quiet bipartisanship forming. (0:41:10)
5. Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, the man who leads coastal policy in this "Third coast" state, on making coastal politics work. (0:55:36)
6. Gary Glick, President of Friends of the RGV Reef, on the making of the largest artificial reef in the Gulf of Mexico. (1:06:08)