CA - San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission Develops Coastal Environmental Justice (EJ) and Social Equity Policies
The San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC) developed provisions set forth in the Bay Plan environmental justice and social equity policies. BCDC held a webinar to explain how these policies will be implemented o the BCDC Permitting System.
This webinar was conducted on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 and on Thursday, February 27, 2020 by BCDC staff with guests from East Palo Alto community-based organization, Nuestra Casa. The webinar was meant to educate attendees on BCDC’s new Environmental Justice policies, and enable them to answer the following questions: Who is BCDC and what is Environmental Justice?
• What are BCDC’s new policies related to Environmental Justice?
• How does my project relate to the new policies?
• What is meaningful community involvement, when is it required, and what do I need to do?
• What are fair treatment and disproportionate impacts?
• What resources exist to help me meet these new requirements?