FL - By The Numbers: $25.8 Million in Hurricane Sally Federal Recovery Money So Far for Escambia Residents
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Escambia County residents have received approximately $25.8 million in total federal funds.
- 2,410 homeowners and renters have been approved for more than $10 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- More than $8.1 million in Housing Assistance grants for housing repair costs, home replacement and rental payments.
- More than $1.9 million in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 1,691 homeowners and renters were approved for rental assistance.
- 3,463 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
National Flood Insurance Program:
- 2,308 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $14.3 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Nearly $1.5 million has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for 38 homeowners and renters.